What are the pitfalls of buying diesel generator sets
1 Confusing the relationship between KVA and KW. Treat KVA as KW exaggerated power and sell it to customers. In fact, KVA is the apparent power, and KW is the effective power. The relationship between them is IKVA=0.8KW. Imported units are generally expressed in KVA, while domestic electrical equipment is generally expressed in KW. Therefore, when calculating power, KVA should be converted into KW with a 20% discount.
2. Don't talk about the relationship between long-term (rated) power and reserve power, just talk about a "power", and sell the reserve power to customers as long-term power. In fact, the reserve power = 1.1 x long-travel power. Moreover, the backup power can only be used for 1 hour during 12 hours of continuous operation.
3. The power of the diesel engine is the same as the power of the generator, in order to reduce the cost. In fact, the industry generally stipulates that diesel engine power ≥ 10% of generator power because of mechanical loss. Worse still, some people misreport the horsepower of the diesel engine as kilowatts to the user, and use a diesel engine less than the generator power to configure the unit, commonly known as: small horse-drawn cart, and even the life of the unit is reduced, maintenance is frequent, and the use cost is high. High.
4. Sell the refurbished second mobile phone as a brand-new machine to customers, and some refurbished diesel engines are equipped with brand-new generators and control cabinets, so that ordinary non-professional users cannot tell whether it is a new machine or an old one.
5. Only the diesel engine or generator brand will be reported, not the place of origin, nor the unit brand. Such as Cummins in the United States, Volvo in Sweden, and Stamford in the United Kingdom. In fact, no diesel generator set can be completed independently by a single company. Customers should fully understand the manufacturer and brand of the diesel engine, generator, and control cabinet of the unit in order to comprehensively evaluate the grade of the unit.
6. Sell the unit without protection function (commonly known as four protection) as a unit with complete protection function to customers. What's more, the unit with incomplete instrumentation and no air switch will be sold to customers. In fact, the industry generally stipulates that units above 10KW must be equipped with full meters (commonly known as five meters) and air switches; large-scale units and automatic units must have self-four protection functions.
7. Don't talk about the brand grades of diesel engines and generators, control system configuration, and after-sales service, just talk about price and delivery time. Some also use non-power station special oil engines, such as marine diesel engines and automotive diesel engines for generating sets. So that the terminal product of the unit-the quality of electricity (voltage and frequency) cannot be guaranteed. Units with too low prices generally have problems, commonly known as: There is no mistake if you buy it wrong.
8. Don't talk about the random accessories, such as with or without silencer, fuel tank, oil pipeline, what grade battery, how large capacity battery, how many batteries, etc. In fact, these attachments are very important and must be stated in the contract. What's more, even the water tank fan is not included, allowing customers to open the pool by themselves.
Diesel generator sets are important backup power equipment, so you need to be cautious when purchasing them, so that they can be handy when you use them.