The storage, installation and location of the diesel generator set should meet the following conditions
1. The machine room is spacious and bright, well ventilated, low humidity, and ambient temperature <40℃.
2. Good lighting equipment should be provided for night work, and protective cover should be added for outdoor use to avoid rain and exposure.
3. The environment should be clean, and items that produce acidic, alkaline and other corrosive gases are not allowed to be placed around.
4. The exhaust pipe of the diesel engine should be unblocked, and try to avoid the pipe being too long or suddenly turning. When the exhaust pipe is connected to the outdoors, the outer pipe should be tilted down a little so that the condensed water in the pipe can flow out.
5. If the diesel generator set is not fixed on the foundation, a rubber plate can be placed under the chassis to reduce vibration.
6. The following points should be done when installing diesel generator sets.
1) The foundation is made of concrete, but the foundation must not be connected with the building foundation. The distance between the building wall and the unit is not less than 1.5 meters.
2) When installing, use a spirit level to measure the levelness to ensure that the unit is fixed on the basis of a horizontal position.
3) For personal safety, the generator and switch screen must be grounded separately, and the area of the grounding wire should not be less than the cross-sectional area of the generator output wire. The ground wire can be connected to an underground water pipe or a deep-buried steel plate to ensure a good grounding, and the grounding resistance should not be greater than 50 ohms.
4) The open cooling unit must be equipped with additional cooling water pipelines to ensure sufficient cooling water supply.
5) In order to reduce environmental noise, an external noise reduction device can be connected.
6) After installation, the misalignment of the generator shaft to the main shaft of the diesel engine should generally be less than 0.15 mm, and the run out of the generator shaft to the flywheel end surface should generally be less than 0.5/400.
7) The battery should be connected according to the start-up and charging circuit diagram in the "Diesel Engine Maintenance and Operation Instructions".