How to choose the power of diesel generator set?
When purchasing diesel generator sets, full consideration should be given to the comprehensive performance and economic indicators of diesel generator sets, the supplier's professionalism, geographic location and actual professional level, and whether the supplier has after-sales service means, such as emergency repair vehicles, special machinery, etc. Then consider whether the power of the selected unit matches the power of the electrical load. Generally, it is better to select the unit power based on: unit rated power x 0.8 = power of electrical equipment. If there are large and medium-sized motors, 2-5 times the starting current should be considered. If the unit is mainly used to charge the UPS, a professional consultation must be made according to the actual situation of the UPS, and then the rated power of the generator can be determined.
Before selecting a diesel generator set, you should first clarify the relationship between the five major powers in the diesel generator set parameters, namely, apparent power, active power, rated power, maximum power, and economic power. Many people will confuse their definitions. Here to help you sort it out so that you can understand.
(1) The unit of apparent power is KVA, which is used to express the capacity of transformers and UPS in our country.
(2) The active power is 0.8 times the apparent power, the unit is KW. my country is used to power generation equipment and electrical equipment.
(3) The rated power of a diesel generator set refers to the power that can be operated continuously for 12 hours.
(4) The maximum power is 1.1 times the rated power, but only 1 hour is allowed within 12 hours.
(5) The economic power is 0.75 times the rated power, which is the output power that the diesel generator set can run for a long time without time limitation. When running at this power, the fuel is the least and the failure rate is the lowest.
When choosing a diesel generator set, you can calculate the size of the load you need in advance, and then choose the generator set according to the load.